Leadership Forum Guidelines
- The Leadership Forum is dedicated to the discussion of practical Christian leadership issues. It is a forum to:
- discuss topics relevant to Christain Leadership
- exchange practical ideas on how to be better leaders
- discuss available resources (including conference, position openings, seminars, books, etc.)
- problem solve
- givie and receive leadership advice from others
- The Leadership Forum is not a forum for:
- debating controversial doctrinal issues (e.g.: the role of women in leadership, creation vs. evolution, etc.) or general theology. Other lists are available to provide discussions concerning these issues.
- Please remember that when you send a message or reply to the Leadership Forum, it is being sent to HUNDREDS of people. So short messages like, "I agree!", "Amen", etc are not appropriate. Also, reply via private e-mail unless you are certain that the entire list would benefit from your reply.
- Please give a descriptive SUBJECT line.
- Pause before sending a message and ask God if He would send it. Is there anything in your message that a person could take as an attack? Remember that we need to discuss issues in a loving spirit...if you just send a message without love, it could be like "a loud clashing cymbal." Flaming (barbed comments or put downs) will not be tolerated.
- If the topics being discussed (threads) do not interest you or are not addressing your needs, please feel free to start a thread. Mailing lists are only as good as the people who participate in them, so feel free to contribute!
These guidelines, when followed, can help make this Forum a tremendous service to Christian Leaders. It will also help keep the e-mail traffic to a minimum. It will also be cheaper for our America OnLine, CompuServe, and other commercial services subscribers since they often have to pay to read/send e-mail.