2. Download the Hebrew file(s) you wish to view. These files should be downloaded as straight binary files.
3. Convert the Hebrew file to DOS format, using the converter.
4. From the command line, type 8-to-dos [infile] [outfile], where [infile] is the source file you downloaded, and [outfile] is the file that results from the conversion.
A few seconds later, [outfile] is ready, and you can view it.
2. Install the font by dragging the resulting file to your System Folder. (The System Folder must be closed, and all applicatons must be inactive when you do this.
3. Select the "mosiac.fixed" font in your NetScape-Options- Preferences-Font & Colors (both in "proportional" and "fixed" categories.
Ia. How to install Hebrew fonts on your Workstation X environment: If you have an Workstation and you want to use X applications with Hebrew support, the first thing to do is to install Hebrew fonts on your X environment. The following steps will instruct you how to install the Hebrew fonts provided in the current directory. 1. FTP the heb-unixfonts.tar file from the current directory and untar it. This file contains the files heb6x13.snf and heb 10x20.snf. Install them on your Workstation in the /usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc directory: 2. Go to /usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc directory, login as su and run : mkfontdir This command will update the file fonts.dir by adding the Hebrew fonts definitions ( the two lines which start with heb..) 3. In the same directory, update the fonts.alias file by adding alias names (which are easy for you to remember) pointing to the new Hebrew fonts. For example, adding the following two lines to the fonts.alias file : small_heb -yossi-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed-hebrew-13-120 -75-75-c-60-- big_heb -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal-hebrew-20-200-75-75-c -100-iso8859-1 you have defined two new names for the two Hebrew fonts installed: small_heb - for the small Hebrew font big_heb - for the big Hebrew font. 4. Return to your account and run : xset fp rehash This command causes the X server to reread the font databases in the current font path and add the new fonts names to it. Ib. How to install Hebrew fonts on a Boot Server machine for NCD X-terminals To install the Hebrew fonts on a X-terminal Boot Server machine execute steps 1-3 (I.a.) on the /tftpboot/usr/lib/X11/ncd/fonts/misc directory. After intalling the Hebrew fonts on the Boot Server machine, each X-terminal has to be rebooted before using Hebrew. II. How to display Hebrew text: heb6x13 -yossi-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed-hebrew-13 -120-75-75-c-60-- heb10x20 -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal-hebrew-20-200-75 -75-c-100-iso8859-1