Triglot Concordia: The Symbolical Books of the
Evangelical Lutheran Church
[To The Project Wittenberg Home Page] |
[The Book of Concord Page]
Gerhard Bente was a second generation Missouri Synod theologian
and historian, born in Wimmer, Hannover, Germany. He was an 1881
graduate of Concordia Seminary in St.Louis. Bente pastored at
Humberstone and Jordan, Ontario. He was President of the Canadian
District of the Missouri Synod (now the Lutheran Church -- Canada),
Professor at Concordia, St. Louis, Editor of the faculty journal,
Lehre und Wehre , co-editor of the Triglotta , and
author of many other works. Gerhard Bente died at Redwood City,
California and was buried in St. Louis.
Concordia Triglotta (1921)
Triglot Concordia: The Symbolical Books of the Ev. Lutheran
Church, (St. Louis: Concordia Publishing House, 1921)
Historical Introductions to the Symbolical Books of the
Evangelical Lutheran Church, by F. Bente.
- III. The Augsberg Confession (Part 2)
- 8. Ecumentical /Symbols; 9. The Apostles' Creed; 10. The
Apostles' Creed and Early Christian Writers; 11. Tertullian and
Cyprian on Apostles' Creed 12. Variations of the Apostles' Creed;
13. Present Form of Creed and Its Contents; 14. The Nicene Creed;
15. The Niceno - Constantinoplitan Creed; 16. The Athanasian Creed;
17. Luther on Ecumenical Creeds.
- III.The Augsburg Confession (Part 3)
- 18. Diet Proclaimed by Emperor; 19. Apology Original Plan of
Lutherans; 20. Transformation of Apology into Confessions Due to
Eck's Slanders; 21. Marburg, Schwabach and Torgau Articles;
22. Luther's Spokesmen at Augsburg; 23. Drafting the Confession;
24. Public Reading of the Confession; 25. Luther's Mild
Criticism; 26. Luther Praising Confession and Confessors; 27.
Manuscripts and Editions of Augustana; 28. Signatures of
Augsburg Confession; 29. Tributes to Confession of Augsburg.
[The Book of Concord Page |
[Project Wittenberg] |
[Suggestion Box] |
Reverend Bob Smith
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
This document results from a cooperative effort between
Project Wittenberg and
Reverend Bob Smith, Project Coordinator.
Document revised, 1997:May 16.